Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Comparing interview three to interview two and one

     Compared to my first and second interview, my third interview was similar to the former two.My interview stuff such as record, pens, etc. of my three interviews are the same. I think the difference of three interviews is the place. The first interview took place in my interviewee's house, the second was in library and the third one is in my  dorm room. My third interviewee is an American student and she is also my roommate so probably we had more things to talk and I felt more relaxed than the former two interviews. So all of my three interviewees are American students and they shared the culture with me. I learned the general American things like education, religious holiday and transportation, etc. from my first interview.  In my second interview, I concentrated on religious in America such as the rituals and the religious holiday. And this time, I focused much on the education, especially elementary and middle school  in America. So I list some extra questions about the elementary school and middle school such as what kind of teaching methods that teachers usually uesd, how were your teachers in elementary and middle school and how many classes did you take a day. And I really learned something from this interview. 
  Actually I spent about 3 hours on my transcription because it was so long and I almost transcribed every single sentence from the record.
    I'm not really satisfied with my first interview and I think I did a really bad job about that one. But I think my second interview is better than the first so as my third one. Compared to other American students' second interviews, my interview is still not very good due to some mistakes about grammar. And also, sentences in my report are pretty simple compared to other American students.

No comments:

Post a Comment